The operating system used by Apple phones and cell phones is called iOS. This should always be kept in its latest version so that failures at the security level that can cause problems in the device do not occur. But how can I update my iPhone phone to the latest available iOS version? If you want to update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS, you have at your disposal two methods to do it.
- Through wirelessly
- Through iTunes.
To install The Most Current Version Of iOS Wirelessly
The first thing you have to do is connect the device to the Internet through a WiFi connection. Also, if the battery is below 50%, it is also recommended that you plug it into power. Once this is done, follow the steps we give you below:
- Go to Settings> General> Software update. In case there are updates available to install, you will see an alert in the network, as shown in the image below. Otherwise, when you access the section you will see a message that tells you that the software is updated.
- Next, click on the Download and install button. If you see a notification that there is not enough space and you propose to temporarily delete some apps, click on the Continue button, since later iOS will reinstall the applications that you have deleted.
- If you want to install the update at this moment, click on the Install button. In case you prefer to do it later, click on Later and then on Install tonight or on Remember later. If you choose to do it at night, do not forget to connect the iPhone or iPad to the current before going to sleep.
- It is possible that the system asks you to enter your access code at some time.
Update Your iPhone or iPad with iTunes
If you prefer, you can also carry out the iOS update through iTunes. These are the steps you have to follow to do it:
- Connect the device to a computer you trust and have an Internet connection via WiFi or Ethernet.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. On this page, you can find the latest version for Windows and Mac.
- Next, open iTunes and select the iPhone or iPad by clicking on the icon that appears in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
- Click on the Summary tab in the column on the left and then click on the Search update button. Then, click on Download and update.
- It is possible that the system asks you to enter your access code. Write it if you request it.